Everyone knows the saying, “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.” This is a tactic from The Art of War. If you pay attention, your competition can teach you the biggest lessons.
That is why MotionPro is not afraid to show the work of some of the talented company’s we are in compettion with. Maybe it can inspire you to get an explainer video?
Here are 20 great examples:
1) Gigtown: A mobile application that helps people find, follow and book musicians.
2) Wizzki: A platform for managing the hiring process.
3) Gradeleap: A schoolwork management system for parents, students, and teachers.
4) Mailbox: A fun, quick preview of an email management application.
5) Pinterest: A nice touch is that they explain right up front how long the video will last.
6) ScaleArc iDB: An SQL traffic management engine is explained in this cute animation.
7) Alden Systems: A software application for joint use asset management, primarily used for managing utility poles.
8) Student Hut: A tool for college students to review and discuss any college class before deciding on their course of study.
9) FileExpert: An application for managing files on Android phones, tablets, personal computers, and cloud storage servers.
10) Removemyjunk.us: Furniture moving, junk removal, and clean up service.
11) Olark: Customer service tool. This one does a very good job of explaining what they offer and includes a special offer at the end.
12) SatPhoneCity: This satellite phone services company good job of giving a quick overview of just what they do and how they offer value.
13) Adoddle PM: This brief explainer video highlights the risk associated with mistakes that might result from poor planning and communication, and offers a corporate collaboration tool.
14) Bubbl.us: This video shows you how a product can help you create mind maps and work out ideas to make a plan to put them in action.
15) Tonx: Nice video that tells a story about why every coffee lover needs their freshly roasted coffee mail order service.
16) PG&E: A solar billing service. This video is short and concise.
17) Verico: A mortgage insurance provider explains how their product works and provides value.
18) NextGlass: Nice video that explains how a craft beer and wine discovery application works.
19) Amazon Echo: Great example of how an explainer video is just the thing when your product is somewhat revolutionary. This one is long as explainer videos go, but illustrates how show and tell might be the best route for explaining how a product works.
20) CashOut: This one falls more in the lines of a demo and does a good job of illustrating the value of “easy” to the small business owner much more quickly than written content. A unique point about it is it uses no voiceover.